Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dawn's Letter To All

Today it has been one week since Ron was taken from us. I’m sitting here, now alone, still in shock from it all. This week has been a nightmare, yet I have been very consoled by the outpouring of affection that you have all showed for Ronny, myself, the kids, the family and Kevin.
Ron and I shared so many things together. We loved our combined four children very much, we discussed his work constantly and I helped him as much as I could with it (I was the one at home calling him during X to tell him the center speaker was out or the lip sync was off), we had the same ideals, the same beliefs, the same fears and concerns and the same dreams for our future together. We loved music and we played together often. I think Ron’s abilities at the piano were what amazed me the most. He made a piano touch you inside. Our neighbors loved the summer days when the windows were open and they could enjoy what he would call his ‘incapable playing’.
Before the memorial on Wednesday, Kevin Cleary and I sat while Grayson Hugh played the two songs that were to be played during the service so we could hear them once and hopefully not be hit so hard by them during the service (which didn’t work). Besides the music itself, what hurt me the most was to watch Grayson’s hands on the keyboard. He played exactly like Ronny, and his hands looked exactly the same as Ron’s did when he played. Actually, Ronny would tell you that Ron’s hands looked like Grayson’s, since he learned his style from him.
My point to this story is that I have always believed that each person is a collection of the qualities of the people that they meet along their travels on Earth. We usually pick up the best qualities that we admire from each person who we encounter. Some affect us and teach us more than others do. Sometimes we even become exactly like that emulated person in many ways. Ron had Grayson’s piano playing hands. Ron bit the inside of his cheek like his sister used to. Ron had his Dad’s smile. He learned his patience from his children… and I also know that each one of you in some small or large way also contributed to the powerhouse who was Ron Scalise.
Conversely, I know that he left a part of himself with all of you. I have heard so many stories of how he helped you, taught you, took you under his wing, always had a kind word or made you laugh. I know you’re all hurting, but have some peace in knowing he is still with you all. You have all taken some quality of his with you and you will keep him alive by using those qualities.
Thank you all so much for your response to the fund for his children. It was the first thing I could think of that would put Ron at peace. Your kindness and concern is overwhelming. As I said before, this fund will ensure that they have the chance to become as successful and as great as their Dad. I promise to keep you all posted on the kids progress. They are your children now too.
I expect all of you to now take even extra care in your travels – whether miles from the office or home or across the country.
Please hold your loved ones close to you – tell them often that you love them. Ron was good at that.
Also, take care of each other on the road.
To all of Ron’s audio guys – keep it big and keep it loud (even if it’s golf) He will be listening.

I have asked Chris Fichera to take some of Ron’s ashes to England with him in March where he will spread them across Abbey Road. He will then take some to Italy where Ron and I were to be married.
Meanwhile, Ron’s parents and I will be planning for a place in Connecticut where he can rest near his sister, Claire.
I will let you all know where this will be so you may visit.

Thank you all.


“The dream is over – what can I say?
The dream is over – yesterday
I was the dreamweaver…
And now I’m reborn
And so dear friends…
You’ll have to carry on
The dream is over.”

Lennon


With love,
Dawna Marie Trainor-Scalise

No comments: