Saturday, January 5, 2008

Memories, These are Kind letters sent by friends.

Kevin,

I have been following the email, online and broadcast memorials for our friend Ron Scalise. I am having a real problem thinking of him in the past tense...maybe as it should be.

I wanted to drop you a note to tell you that events both personal and family have conspired to make my attendance tonight impossible, but I also want you to know that you, his family and his many other close and dear friends have been constantly on my mind since I received word of his departure.

Ron was one of my first friends as a young EIC for a now-defunct mobile unit company called EJ Stewart. He, along with Stuart Shurtleff taught me much about how to survive this thing called remote broadcasting and how to have fun doing it. I can never thank Ron enough for his spirit, tenacity and humor (especially when things weren't going...shall we say...swimmingly). I watched with tremendous pride as my friend rose through the ranks of countless board jockeys to become one of the true gurus and legends in the business. He was one of the guys you wanted to be associated with in the industry, and most sensible folks paid a whole lot of attention when he spoke.

The loss to our industry is immense, the loss to his family incalculable. My heart is well and truly broken right now because of the loneliness his departure brings. I find myself acting like a child and getting angry at the world, angry at fate, a higher power, God; whatever you choose to name it; that my friend was taken away.

I guess with age comes a little comfort knowing that we will grieve and we will move on, but we will not forget. And in time, my friends’ memory will not be clouded with sadness and anger, but will be wrapped with the smile and the good things he brought to this life.

Please give my deepest condolences to all of his family, and to you, I pray that your heart may heal quickly and your sorrow fade soon.


“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”....George Carlin



Sincerely,

Jerry Gepner

*******************************************************************************************************************************


Dear Kevin.

I met you in Daytona this Jan and visited to ESPN Remote Track. But....

I heard that Mr. Ron Scalise died in a one-car accident on Thursday.
It was so tragic news for me.

He was not only a great Engineer, but also very kind and open mind person.
He invited me to his remote track and gave us lots of useful advise.
I express my condolence.

Thanks Ron, Otari will continue to develop Lightwinder Broadcast (LWB) to
make more convenient and strong tools for live broadcasting.


This news is very sad, but I wish you have happy holiday seasons and
wonderful new year.



Kyoji Harada
Otari, Inc.
********************************************************************************************************************************

Kevin – Mike Canevaro here, formerly of SRS Labs. I just wanted to say thank you for all you have done during this difficult time for all of us, and for Dawn. I cannot express how difficult this is for me, and I know how close you and Ron were so I can only imagine your grief. I am so sad for Dawn and the kids and I know that incredible faith and the knowledge that Ron loved them and life so much will help get them through.

Unfortunately, I could not make the funeral today, but can I ask that you let me know where Ron will be buried? I live in California, but am back east often and I would like to visit Ron and talk to him. Also, can you add my email to your growing list (Mark Elinson, Henry, and others have all been keeping me in the loop)?

Kevin, I will miss Ron so much. He and I became such good friends over the years and I know that he is the reason for my success and I owe him so much. More importantly, he was such a great human being and we shared so many laughs and good times. I will really miss my friend.

Thanks,

Mike

________________________________
Mike Canevaro
Vice President, Business Development

********************************************************************************************************************************

Kevin- I've come to know you as someone who can always get the job done, regardless of the situation... but that has always been in a work-based capacity.

What you did this week for Ron and his family has been truly amazing. It takes an incredible person to bear the burden of losing someone who you hold so closely to your heart, and at the same time be so selfless and dedicate yourself to the needs of Dawn and Ron's family. I don't know if I can find words to describe how much it touched everyone that Ron knew.

I can't say that I knew Ron as well as you did, but I knew him as a good person, a professional who was an artist and a craftsman, and a guy who always greeted me with a smile and open arms. I often visit Heather in the Event Ops office, and from time to time Ron would be there with a good story, or a 'hey Maz, what's shakin,' or just a simple smile and a pat on the back... never anything negative. He had a passion for life, his craft, and his family. It always showed. That's what I'll always remember of him.


Take some time for yourself, bro. You've done so much...

All the best,
Tom

******************************************************************************************************************************

I know you're in the midst of being there for Dawn and the kids and Ron's family, and are getting a million phone calls & e-mails ...but I had to drop you a note and express my deepest condolences to you for what is, and will always be , a profound loss ...and of course I'd like to express that to Dawn and their children and Ron's parents, which I'll do on Wednesday in person...but your strength and assistance to Dawn and Ron's family is beyond admirable , it deserves accolades that only God can fully give you...I just had to tell you how much you're in my prayers and thoughts , Kevin, I know this is a devastating loss for you personally , having worked with Ron for a few years now I know how close you two were and how much he relied on you for your strength and assistance , and for your phenomenal professionalism and ability in helping him do his job...

God bless you , Kevin ...I'll see you on Wednesday...and I'll send Kurt a check for the memorial fund before I drive up to Connecticut on Wednesday...

Just want to close by saying how much Ron was a pleasure to know and to get to hear from and deal with...in the midst of all the rushes and emergencies it was always a pleasure to deal with him , he was funny and bright and taught me a lot...my life's richer for having known him, professionally but more importantly personally...and I will miss him a great deal...

Joe Prout
Dale Pro Audio

******************************************************************************************************************************

No comments: